We have received planning permission from Scottish Borders Council to:
- Develop a café in the old stable building and bring in services to the site.
- Demolish the staff quarters and rear flat roofed areas of The Crook Inn.
- Build a bunkhouse on the former staff quarter site.
- Develop a caravan and camping area to the rear of the site.
We have secured funding from Scottish Government Strengthening Communities Programme which has allowed us to commission Jura Consultants to undertake business planning and applications for development funding and to fund a community development officer to pursue aims of the community.
We are currently waiting on decisions on various applications to:-
- The South of Scotland Economic Partnership (S0SEP).
- Scottish Borders Council Community Fund.
- Investing in Communities Fund.
- Our local wind farms to provide co-funding.