The Tweedsmuir Community Company (TCC) is a not-for-profit limited liability company (registered in 2007) that was formed in response to the loss of the historic, listed Crook Inn that had been a centre for employment and for social and cultural life for over 400 years (Registered Company Number SC332043).
It is a charity with broad aims for the local and wider community (Scottish Charity Number SC043714OSCR, registered 2013).
Our Charitable Aims and Objectives
- To promote rural regeneration for the public benefit, following principles of sustainable development, where ‘sustainable development’ means development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, in areas of social and economic deprivation within the Community by all or any of the following means:
- The advancement of education, training or retraining;
- The maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities for the benefit of the community and encouragement of tourism;
- The preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance;
- The provision or assistance in the provision of recreational facilities for the public at large and/or those who, by reasons of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities.
- To advance the education of the Community about its environment, culture and/or history.